Monday 28 August 2017

A sort of AI Quiz!

Whydriverless cars might not hit the road so fast” is an article on LinkedIn by Scott Nyquist who is a Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company: we are both on the Advisory Board at Kimmeridge Energy LLC.

 

I guess you can only access it if you are registered on LinkedIn but basically he is predicting that the growth in autonomous vehicles (and electric cars too) might not go as fast as everybody is currently prognosing.


It reminded me of when I pitched up in Houston from Denver a couple of months ago. My flight was 3 hours late and by the time I got to the car rental car park there was one car left which thankfully turned out to be my Jeep automatic. But suppose the guy had said "Sir, there's just one car left and it's this autonomous vehicle!" Through my mind would have flashed – “find the Hardy Toll Road, do 610 West and then 610 South with an 18-wheeler either side, off at Woodway, sharp right, sharp left...."

Would I have said "That's great, thanks!" or "You know what, I'll just take the shuttle bus back to the Terminal and take a cab!"?

Straw poll of acquaintances is 100% the latter option.....


So here is the Quiz question: what would you have done???

No comments:

Post a Comment